"Yes. Nearly everybody gets twitterpated in the springtime. For example: You're walking along, minding your own business. You're looking neither to the left, nor to the right, when all of a sudden you run smack into a pretty face. Woo-woo! You begin to get weak in the knees. Your head's in a whirl. And then you feel light as a feather, and before you know it, you're walking on air. And then you know what? You're knocked for a loop, and you completely lose your head!"

Monday, October 24, 2011

This term is flying by! I know I have said it before, but holy buckets! How is this happening?

I was walking to class this morning, looking at the beautiful leaves changing colors right before my eyes.  This campus seriously catches on fire in the fall, the trees are the most amazing colors, so bright and awesome.  I wish I could just stop, make a pile of leaves, remove any spiders, and then roll around in them. I have a feeling that doing that would make my day infinitely better.

Every fall I am reminded how natural change is in our lives. In some way or another we all resist it, because it's scary, but it has to happen.  We see the trees go through an enormous change every fall, and can they resist it? No way, they embrace it, it is how things are supposed to happen. So why am I always pushing change away? I need to learn to be like the trees, and accept the change with bright, beautiful colors.

If you are wondering why I am going on about change, it's because a lot of it has come my way in the past 5 weeks, and I know that so much more is on its way.  The next few years will be packed with changing times, changing places, and changing people. I want to be ready when it comes, I want to be happy when it comes, and I want to thrive in those changes.

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Take time to admire the beauty of fall while you still can!

<3 Tayleranne

No comments:

Post a Comment